Cut your brittle materials beyond the 3 mm transmission electron microscope (TEM) disc to accurately cut holes or unique shapes.
- Quickly cut simple holes, unique shapes, or TEM discs from hard, brittle materials such as semiconductors, ceramics, and geological materials
- Cut materials ranging in thickness from <40 µm to 5 mm utilizing a piezo-electric crystal driving a tubular cutting tool in a fine grain, boron carbide slurry
- Minimize mechanical and thermal damage using manually tuned frequency driver to optimize cutting speed
- Reduce edge chipping and sample damage with spring-loaded platform and magnetically held table to prevent lateral movement
- Precisely center your site specific area with integrated stereo microscope and X,Y table